Thursday, May 9, 2013

Eyes of the Beholder - The Gallery ABQ


As many of you of know, I was diagnosed with breast cancer last November followed by surgery and chemotherapy. My surgery went well but, as you can imagine, my chemotherapy treatments were a roller coaster ride. I experienced the usual hair loss and neuropathy, however, it was the severe nausea that caused me to lose twenty pounds. Thankfully, with the love and support of so many friends, I was able to pull through. You may read my art reviews for Q CLAPS following the First Friday ARTScrawl of each month.

To get my feet wet again, I visited The Gallery ABQ last Friday, May 3rd, for their “Eyes of the Beholder” artists’ reception from 12 - 8 pm. What a treat! This gallery is beautifully appointed and the reception was well attended. The featured artists for this show were Sandra Baca, Fran Ryan and Patricia Klomborowski Williams.


Sandra uses semi-precious stones, glass, amber, antique and ethnic pieces and beads in her work.  She enjoys traveling to find quality beads and unique pieces and loves the beauty and historical and cultural importance of beads. "I feel the most beautiful aspect of any wearable art is the personal made public," she says. Master watercolorist Fran Ryan has been juried into numerous shows including the New Mexico Arts & Crafts fair, New Mexico State Fair Fine Art, Bardean Miniature Show, MasterWorks of New Mexico, Guadalupe Trail Studio Tour, Lavenderfest, Cleveland Millfest, and the Pendaries Studio Tour. Patricia usually likes to start with watercolor and follows that with the medium that most lends itself to the piece. "I like to say I play with realism putting my own graphic spin on each piece to create a unique and fresh look," she says.

Also, during May, The Gallery ABQ is featuring a Salon Exhibition of Bronze Sculpture by Tim Gifford. Images of the Southwest are transformed into his exciting new work. The Gallery ABQ showcases the work of over 30 accomplished New Mexico artists and offers a wide variety of mediums, subjects and styles.

“Eyes of the Beholder” art exhibition will hang through the end of May at The Gallery ABQ, 8210 Menaul Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110, located in the Hoffmantown Shopping Center. Gallery hours are Monday - Saturday, 10 am - 5 pm. (505) 292-9333.
Enhanced by Zemanta