Saturday, August 2, 2014

Anita Daniels - ASD Glassworks

Red Vessel - Pate De Verre
ASD Glassworks



Anita Daniels of ASD Glassworks is thfeatured artist for August. Daniels says, "My design inspiration comes from my love of textiles.  The wide variety of vibrant colors and patterns inspire my  designs.  I take pride in every custom piece produced and take great care in order to produce art that I would be proud to display in my own home. I have a degree in chemistry and industrial arts and have taught a variety of different art classes in different mediums.   As a Bullseye trained artist of glass, I received instruction from some of the best teachers in the industry.


Green Glass Cane I- Vitrigraph Glass Cane
ASD Glassworks

To create unique and complex designs, I incorporate glass flow and multiple firings which produce dimensional and organic patterning.  I cut, stack, and assemble the glass to create a final distinctive piece.  Because of the nature of the process and technique used, all finished artworks are unique and one of a kind.


Sunrise- Vitrigraph Glass Cane
ASC Glassworks

 
I love glass - the chemical processes, smell of the cleaner, clicking of the kiln, the endless variety of color, and all the possibilities for design.  The anticipation of the finished 
product coming from the kiln is pure enjoyment for me, and I can't wait to produce the next new design.  I strive to bring my passion to each piece of art." 

Anita Daniels' glasswork is currently showing at The Gallery ABQ and Amapola Gallery, both in Albuquerque, and Color and Light Gallery in Madrid, NM. For more information about Daniels, please call 888-970-9534 or visit  www.asdglassworks.com .